Fashion design is influenced by cultural and social attitudes
- Fashion design is the art of application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories
- The candidates with fashion designing courses have plenty of opportunity in today’s world.
Fashion design is the art of application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories. Fashion design is influenced by cultural and social attitudes, and has varied over time and place. Fashion designers work in a number of ways in designing clothing and accessories such as bracelets and necklace. Because of the time required to bring a garment onto the market, designers must at times anticipate changes to consumer tastes. "Designers conduct research on fashion trends and interpret them for their audience". They attempt to design clothes which are functional as well as aesthetically pleasing. They consider who is likely to wear a garment and the situations in which it will be worn. They have a wide range and combinations of materials to work with and a wide range of colors, patterns and styles to choose from. Though most clothing worn for everyday wear falls within a narrow range of conventional styles, unusual garments are usually sought for special occasions such as evening wear or party dresses.Fashion designers may work full-time for one fashion house, as 'in-house designers', which owns the designs.
These designers create original garments, as well as those that follow established fashion trends. If you are passionate about creating designs that are original and extremely stylish, then fashion designing is the perfect career choice for you.
Pursuing a career in fashion designing will not only satisfy your creative urge but also give you a chance to become famous by entering the glamourous fashion design industry. For people who manage to hit all the right chords, fashion designing offers a decent paycheck.
Top 10 Fashion Design Colleges in India
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY, DELHI
- PEARL ACADEMY, DELHI
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY, MUMBAI
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY, BENGALURU
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY, HYDERABAD
- SYMBIOSIS INSTITUTE OF DESIGN, PUNE
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY, CHENNAI
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY, KOLKATA
- NORTHERN INDIA INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY, MOHALI
- PEARL ACADEMY, JAIPUR
The minimum eligibility criterion for the undergraduate course in this field is 10+2 with 50% marks. The graduates can go for Post Graduate courses in fashion designing. As a part of selection process, some institutes conducts written test, situation test, group discussion and interview. Fashion designers require being artistic, creative as well as posses the ability to translate ideas in sketches. They must have keen sense of colour, visualizing skills and knowledge of market trends.
Job Scope and Career options
The candidates with fashion designing courses have plenty of opportunity in today’s world. They get excellent placements in many industries and fields. Some of them are as follows.
· Accessory designing and fashion designing
· Garment Manufacturing Technology
· Media Production
· Apparel marketing and Merchandising
· Leather and Garment Design and Technology
· Knitwear Design and Technology
· Textile Design and Development
· Fashion Journalism
Some of the fashion-designing career options are as given below.
· Fashion Designer
· Fashion Coordinator
· Fashion Consultant
· Fashion Assistants
· Sketching Assistants
· Fashion Stylist
· Merchandising Executive
· Fashion Show Organizer